If you have not gone anywhere lately, because you thought you might miss Ed McMahon coming to your door with a giant check from publishers clearing house.
Then Go out! Ed is not coming, he has bigger issues. Ed claims that mold killed his dog and that the insurance company is to blame.
Read more here in an article by David Alpert of ABC News.
Mold is a serious problem, and left unabated, or unchecked, it can kill you or your pet. Whether or not it was the insurance companies fault is up to the courts to decide, but poor ED has to live in a temporary shelter for $23,000 a month.
Category: Condominium law
, Current Condominium Issues
, Insurance Companies
, condo mold
, ed mcmahon
, temporary living
Flood does not cover it all.
7 things that are not covered by condominium flood policy:
- Limited coverage in basements, crawl spaces and property below the grade floor ( even if it is an elevated walk out basement)
- Damage caused by moisture, mildew, or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner
- Money, metals,and valuable papers
- Property and belongings outside the condominium building like trees,bushes,wells, septic system,fences,seawalls,hot tubs and swimming pools.
- Living expenses if you have to move out after the loss
- financial loss
- vehicles like cars and rv’s and their parts
- Bar Bill
Know your policy insuring agreements, exclusions and terms.